Forklift Course Outline
The forklift training course provides trainees with a certificaton and a general understanding of the safe and efficient operation of an Industrial Powered Fork Truck, as well as help companies comply with CCOHS and OSHA regulations. Our lift truck training course will meet or exceed these standards.
Onsite forklift certification will teach participants / employees how to identify specific health and safety hazards in the workplace associated with operating a powered industrial lift truck. Our instructors have years of expertise.
We hope you'll climb aboard with our highly trained group of professional instructors, and let us start helping you make your workplace safe
How Long Does Forklift Safety Training Take?
The theory is approximately four hours in length. All fork truck training and reviews are delivered on site and scheduled to your convenience (off shifts, weekends, whenever and wherever). We will meet the client's needs. That's
part of our dedicated service to our clients.
Fork Truck Operator Course / What's Covered?
There are two segments to the forklift certification program include classroom theory & practical evaluation.
- Review legislation and fines / penalties relating to the (OSHA) Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Outline the responsibilities of Owner, Employer, Supervisors, and Workers.
- Options available to a driver who is asked to perform unsafe work, or an unsafe act.
- Group discussion on experiences of actual incidents or close calls.
- Consequences of unsafe driving of an Industrial Fork Truck: Legal, Moral, Ethical, Social and Psychological.
- Review the classifications of the Industrial Forklifts and highlight differences.
- Pre-shift inspections.
- Stability triangle / trapezoid.
- Centre of Gravity of the load & Centre of Gravity of the truck.
- Capacity of Industrial Forklifts, capacity plates (reading & understanding)
- Specific hazards & controls when driving an Industrial Forklift.
- How to respond to an emergency situation involving an Industrial Forklift Truck.
- List specific driving rules to your use of Industrial Forklifts.
- Forklift training will involve verification and review of 50 question, True & False format.
- Lastly, the Lift Truck Evaluation
If your Industrial fork truck is propane powered - "Certification" in Propane cylinder exchange training as required by the Energy Act of Ontario is included in this forklift operator training program.