Online lockout tagout training certification should take about 30 to 40 minutes to get you instantly certified in controlling hazardous energy. With the assistance of a slideshow, the online lockout tagout will teach your trainees all the necessary aspects of Locking and tagging out machinery and energized equipment, covering procedures for lockout and tagout, to informative information pertaining to the worker's, supervisor's, and the employer's responsibilities.
If your trainees pass the online lockout tagout certification course your score and card will automatically be posted to your account. We have posted some general course information and commonly asked certification questions for you to review.
- Review legal applications/ramifications - OH&SA related fines & penalties.
- Who is required to Lockout? Why?
- Review in detail your specific policies
- Who requires notification when lockout procedure is to be used?
- Define lockout / tagout
- Applicable Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulation
- Canadian Standards Association Z142 - 02 Code for Power Press
- Responsibilities and liability
- Operation: Health, Safety, and Guarding Requirements
- Generic lockout procedures vs. machine specific lockout procedures
Locking Out Tips:
- Lockout tagout training the employer is responsible for providing information, instruction and supervision to workers on the proper lockout procedures for each piece of equipment they will be operating.
- Pre-plan for the lockout by identifying all hazardous energy sources, switches, etc.
- An initial review should be made to determine which switches, valves, or other energy isolating devices apply to the equipment being locked out. More than one energy source (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, chemical, thermal, and gravitational may be involved.
Is this LOTO training recognized?
Yes, this is a OSHA & OHS recognized course.
How do I get my lock out tag out certificate?
Your certificate / card will be automatically added to your account you created if you pass. Please review our "How Works Page"
How long is the certification valid for?
Your LOTO certification is valid for 3 Years, at which time you will have to get recertified.
Do you offer onsite LOTO classes?
Yes, throughout Ontario, including Toronto, Mississauga, Markham, Scarborough
How long does your online testing take to complete?
It depends on the person, approximately 45 minutes.