All workers that work in a comfined space must have adequate training in the recognition of hazards associated when entering confined spaces. Confined space training is a requirement of the confined space regulations 632/05 Under The Occupational Health and Safety Act..
The BRight Group's confined entry space training course will give trainees an opportunity to practice their confined entry space procedures using their equipment and entering into a tight space, in a relaxed non-toxic environment.
What is Confined Spaces?
- Enclosed or partially enclosed space that is not always primarily designed or intended for human occupancy.
- Has a restricted entrance or exit by way of location, size or means.
- Can represent a risk for the health and safety of the employee / person who enters it, due to one or more of the following factors:
- The materials or substances that occupies the space
- Mechanical, process and safety hazards present.
- The construction and design, location or atmosphere
- The type of work activities being carried out in it.
Simulated confined spaces exercise, where each participant will:
- Put on appropriate equipment
- Simulate testing
- Simulate being top person and monitoring
- Actually enter a confined space (mock set/up or actual)
- Observe to ensure all procedures & standards are complied to.