What is Confined Spaces?
- Enclosed or partially enclosed space that is not always primarily designed or intended for human occupancy.
- Has a restricted entrance or exit by way of location, size or means.
- Can represent a risk for the health and safety of the employee / person who enters it, due to one or more of the following factors:
- The materials or substances that occupies the space
- Mechanical, process and safety hazards present.
- The construction and design, location or atmosphere
- The type of work activities being carried out in it.
Simulated confined spaces exercise, where each participant will:
- Put on appropriate equipment
- Simulate testing
- Simulate being top person and monitoring
- Actually enter a confined space (mock set/up or actual)
- Observe to ensure all procedures & standards are complied to.