The fall arrest training course can be completed onsite or online. It will assist employees in how to properly hookup a fall protection safety harness and when to use it, when to connection to anchor points, the physics involved, as well the responsibilities of the employer, supervisor and the worker.
Working At Heights Outline:
- Provide participants a general understanding of the safe and efficient use and care of fall arrest equipment.
- Meet your obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act & Regulations.
- To insure all participants are knowledgeable in when and how to use fall arrest protection.
- Give each trainee an opportunity to use a safety harness and adjust it correctly to his or her body type
- Why are we here
- Discuss duties of employer, supervisor, worker
- Specific regulations pertaining to when fall protection is required
- Review and discuss falling hazards specific to your situation(s)
- The physics of fall arrest
- Harness inspection prior to each use
- Capacity of fall arrest equipment
- Environmental concerns
- Proper connection to anchor points
- Donning & fitting a harness, each participant will demonstrate they Know how to use the harness and make the appropriate adjustments for the correct fit
- Proper storage of harnesses
- Quiz to verify the learning
Who Should Attend Fall Arrest Training?
All persons who are required to use fall protection devices where there is or may be a danger to workers falling. You can also package this onsite safety course with aerial platform training. Also known as scissor lift training.
(1 1/2) Hours
Online Fall Arrest Class