Training & Certification
The online Skid Steer course will involve reviewing the necessary information through a slideshow, then completing a multi choice "true or false" test. The trainee will then be required to complete a driver operator safety evaluation.
This will be done by someone who is currently certified to operate a skid steer. Please read the "How It Works"'
The trainee will need to demonstrate their ability to operate the equipment in a safe and efficient manner where he/she will be put through a series of driving and operating exercises, including the safe operation of the Loader's attachment. Upon successful completion of the course the participant will receive a certificate of completion which certifies them for for 3 years, at which time they will have to be recertified to operate the equipment. The trainee will now be OH&S and OSHA-compliant.
Please review some of our other Online Occupational Health and Safety Courses. Our online Skid Steer safety training is great for remote areas such as Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta. Alberta has remote areas where it is difficult to find trainers. What better way then to bring the classroom to you.
- Review legislation requirements.
- Consequences of unsafe operation of a skid steer
- The operator's responsibilities.
- Stability triangle \ trapezo
- Center of Gravity of the load & Center of Gravity of Skid Steers
- Capacity of Skid Steers, capacity plates (reading & understanding.)
- Specific hazards & controls when driving a Skid Steer.
- List specific driving rules to your use of Skid Steers.
- Pre-shift Inspections
Test Completion Time
The online Skid Steer test will take approximately 40-60 minutes. This varies depending on the person.
You need a passing grade of 90% in order to move on to the driver evaluation part of the training.
Price $50 per test
You need a passing grade of 90%ONLINE SIGN UP
Operating A Skid Steer - Safety Tips
- Always wear hearing protection.
- Always call before you dig with your loader.
- Always keep your seatbelt on, and never transport or lift people with the Skid Steer Loader.
- Do not at any time walk under the loader when it is raised.
- Always turn the engine off before exiting the Skid Steer..
- When practicing with the controls always start out at half speed when loading the Skid Steer bucket.
Online Training Certification
- Online Pallet Truck Training
- Online Forklift Training
- Online Propane Cylinder Exchange Training
- Online Fall Arrest Training
- Online Lockout Tagout Training
- Online Overhead Crane Training
- Online Aerial Platform Training
- Online WHMIS Training
Onsite Training Classes
- Overhead Crane Training
- Overhead Bridge Crane Training
- Forklift Training
- Pallet Truck Training
- Propane Cylinder Exchange Training
- WHMIS 2015 GHS Training
- Fall Arrest Training
- Lockout Tagout Training
- Aerial Platform Training
- Confined Entry Space Training
Frequently Asked Questions
Why must I be certified before I operate a BobCat?
The occupational heath and safety act requires that all persons operating a Skid Steer loader / Bobcat must be certified.
How long is my certification good for?
The occupational health and safety act requires that you get re-certified every 3 years.
Can I take the online skid steer training if I don't work for a company?
Yes, as long as you follow our policies on our website and have a certified person do an evaluation on you.
How much does the online Skid Steer course cost?
The cost is $50.00 U.S, or Canadian per person, per test.
Would I have to pay again if I fail the online test?
Yes, if you fail you must purchase another online skid steer key and take the test again
Who has developed this Skid Steer safety course?
A professional certified trainer that has more then 35 years experience in the safety training industry.
How many questions are on the test?
50 test questions.
What happens if I get an error while taking the test?
If you encounter an error while taking the online test. You can try logging back in, putting your key back in and resuming the test. If that doesn't work, please contact the administrator @ 1-866-997-8880 EX 1 or email us. If you are able to, please copy and paste the error in the email. .