truck training, the main objective of the industrial low lift truck training certification course is to give trainees a general understanding of how to safely and efficiently operate a low lift pallet truck. Pallet truck training
will show trainees how to identify specific health and safety hazards associated with the operation of a low Industrial pallet truck. This course is customized for workplace illiteracy, which reduces training time by 50%.
We are lifting device specialists when it comes to onsite corporate safety training, Which means we can also offer you additional certified courses in manlift training, overhead cranes, skid steer and lift truck training. If your company has more then just hand trucks onsite, let us know at the time of booking your classes so we can bundle these safety couses together for you.
pallet truck training classroom outline
The two segments to the program include classroom theory & practical evaluation
- Review legislation and fines \ penalties relating to the Occupational
- Health and Safety Act.
- Outline the responsibilities of Owner, Employer, Supervisors, and Workers.
- Options available to a driver who is asked to perform unsafe work, or an unsafe act.
- Group discussion on experiences of actual incidents or close calls.
- Consequences of unsafe driving of a Low Industrial Lift Truck; Legal,
- Moral, Ethical, Social and Psychological.
- Review the classifications of Industrial Pallets and highlight differences.
- Stability triangle \ trapezoid
- Centre of Gravity of the load & Centre of Gravity of the truck
- Capacity of Low Industrial Pallets, capacity plates (Reading & Understanding.)
- Specific hazards & controls when driving a Low Industrial Lift Truck.
- How to respond to an emergency situation involving an Low Industrial Lift Truck
- List specific driving rules to your use of Low Industrial Pallets.
- Learner verification and review. 34 Questions, - True & False format.
objective of the industrial low lift truck evaluation
All drivers must have successfully completed the safe and efficient operation of a pallet truck in order to proceed to the evaluation. Every driver of a Low Industrial Lift Truck will be tested in how to safely and efficiently
use their equipment. Whenever possible, this will be done during production hours. This will allow for an evaluation under the conditions the drivers will be required to operate the machinery in. Upon successful
completion of the program, participants will be “Certified” as a Low Industrial Pallet Truck Driver.
- Each driver completes a Pre-shift inspection.
- Observed picking up a load
- Forks at correct height * proper tilt for type of load
- Smooth stopping * looks before backing up
- Forks level before entering * stops at all blind corners
- Load is centered * proceeds with load at safe height
- Load is stable enough for lifting and transporting * proceeds at safe speed
- Load all the way to heel of forks * how to deal with obstructed view
- Observed stacking a load
- Approach with load down * levels load before putting in place
- Looks behind before backing out * gently places
- Raising load * insures all people are at a safe distance
- Smooth operation * aware of rear end swing
- Parking * forks flat * tilt forward * parking brake on
duration of pallet truck evaluation
The average time to complete a “driver evaluation” is one-half hour, for experienced drivers. It is suggestion that “new” drivers be instructed for a minimum of four hours prior to being evaluated.