Skid Steer Class Review
The two segments to the program include classroom theory & practical evaluation
- Review legislation requirements.
- The Operator's responsibilities.
- Group discussion on experiences of actual incidents or close calls.
- Consequences of unsafe operation of a skid steer. (Legal, Moral, Ethical, Social and Psychological).
- Review attachments available for Skid Steer and highlight differences.
- Pre-shift Inspections
- Stability triangle \ trapezoid
- Center of Gravity of the load & Center of Gravity of Skid Steers
- Capacity of Skid Steers, capacity plates (reading & understanding.)
- Specific hazards & controls when driving a Skid Steer.
- How to respond to an emergency situation involving a Skid Steer
- List specific driving rules to your use of Skid Steers.
- Learner Verification and review. 50 question, True & False format.
Part 2 - Skid Steer Driver Operator Evaluation
All Operators completing the “Operator evaluation” must have successfully completed “concepts of safe & efficient driving” training. Each operator of a Skid Steer will be tested in the safe and efficient use of your equipment.
Driver's Hands On Evaluation
Whenever possible, this will be done during production hours. This will allow for an driver evaluation under the conditions the bobcat operators will be required to operate in. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be “Certified” as Skid Steer Operators.
Each Trainee will be required to do a pre-shift inspection. Then he/she will be tested on the following:
- Attachment at correct height
- Smooth stopping
- Load is centered
- Load all way the way to heel of forks
- Attachment level before entering
- Load is stable for lifting and transporting
- Proper tilt for type of load
- looks before baking up
- Stops at all blind corners
- Proceeds at safe speed
- How to deal with obstructed view
Observed Picking Up A Load
- Approach with load down
- Raising load
- Looks behind before backing out
- Smooth operation
- Levels load before putting it in place
- looks before baking up
- Gently places
- Insures all people are at a safe distance
- Aware of rear end swing
- Attachment flat to floor/ground
- Tilt forward
- Parking brake on
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer Skid Steer Training Online?
Yes, please visit our online safety training
Do you need a license to drive a skid steer in Ontario?
We refer to it as a certification instead of a license. The short answer is yes.
Do you offer Skid Steer Training near me?
We travel to most cities in Ontario for onsite Bobcat training. Please contact a consultant to discuss location.
Do I get a Skid Steer certification card?
Yes, upon successful completion of both parts of the training.
Are there Skid Steer training requirements in Ontario
Yes, in most cases anyone looking to operate this equipment must be certified to do so.
How long does your online testing take to complete?
It depends on the person, approximately 45 minutes.