Machine guard training, the purpose of this one-day machine guard safety training course is to give trainees the necessary tools to create a formal machine safety program. To ensure comprehensive heath and safety guarding standards around machinery and equipment in the workplace. This course is customized for employees with illiteracy in the workplace, cuts training time in half. We also offer lockout tagout and other industrial equipment training, as well as workplace development, health and safety, consulting and management training.
Machine Guarding Content
- Recognize basic types of hazards associated with Machinery and equipment processes (e.g. both Safety and health related hazards)
- Recognize and identify legal and other applicable standards and guidelines relevant to Machine Safety
- Assess risk of workplace hazards: adequacy and existence of appropriate controls, undetected, hazards, incident severity and frequency considerations, etc.
- Assess compliance of firm, relative to required, standards (legal, etc.)
- Identify basic types of controls in a Machine Safety, Program: e.g. guards, procedures (e.g. lockout, ergonomic, chemical handling), other equipment/devices (e.g. personal controls)
- Develop an Action Plan for implementing Machine, Safety Program
Who Should Attend?
Maintenance staff, engineering staff, intended“ Knowledgeable persons“ (Regulation 8), supervisors, safety coordinators and setup people. Any person(s who will be maintaining, setting-up, cleaning machinery and / or equipment, and will be exposed to a hazard should the machine be engaged/ energized.
Onsite training classes are 2 hours in length.