Entrapment Rescue - Power Presses
- Entrapment rescue training for power presses will provide a clear understanding of the component parts of both mechanical and hydraulic power presses necessary to make competent entrapment rescue decisions through theory and practical training.
- To provide a guideline for developing entrapment rescue procedures for individual presses
Legal requirements and the CSA standard (Z142-2)
- A clear understanding of component parts of various power presses
- How the different power presses function
- Reducing the risk of entrapment through guarding and lockout
- Discussion of who is needed on the rescue team
- Necessary rescue equipment and the rescue storage box
- Overriding guards and controls that may delay a rescue
- Proper use of the air counterbalance system during rescue
- Importance of blocking the danger area and ram drifting on hydraulic presses
- Proper use of jacks
- Determining crankshaft position and direction of the flywheel and gears
- First aid requirements
- Sample entrapment rescue procedures for hydraulic and mechanical presses
- Requirements for notification and disturbance of the accident scene
- Actual simulation of an entrapment on the shop floor.
Press operators, millwrights, electricians, first aiders, die setters, supervisors, and group leaders
Length Of Course:
One day (maximum group size is 20)
Where do you train for entrapment rescue?
Our trainers will train anywhere in North America, we are proud to be serving our surrounding areas, Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Toronto, London, Kitchener, St. Catherines & Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Buffalo New York, Jersey, Pennsylvania and Detroit Michigan U.S.
If you would like further information regarding our train the trainer safety programs, press operator training or lockout tagout training. Please give us a call we'd be happy to assist you with all your safety needs.
Related safety training courses
OSHA 10 hour & 30 Hour General Industry Training
Headquarters - Hamilton, Toronto Area (Ontario, Canada)