Propane Cylinder Exchange Certification
- Certified propane cylinder exchange training will provide participants a general understanding of the safe and efficient handling of propane gas tanks.
- Participant will be able to identify specific health & safety hazards associated with changing propane tanks on Industrial Propane Powered Forklifts
- To certify participants in the safe handling of propane gas.
- Propane cylinder exchange training course will instruct participants on correct propane cylinder exchange procedures.
- Propane Training Theory:
- Review, explain and discuss the Energy Act, & specifically "B149.2" propane segment.
- Review fines & penalties relating to non-compliance with the Ont. "Energy Act".
- Define physical properties relating to propane, source as a byproduct.
- Review hazards associated with handling propane.
- "Cutout" views of actual parts of a typical propane tank & review capabilities. Watch video on the proper technique used to change a propane tank (ILT/heater).
- Complete True & False test to verify learning.
- Review physical characteristics of an on site propane tank.
- Complete overview of tank condition ( O-ring, collar, dating, soap solution check, etc.)
- Review cylinder exchange procedures.
- All participants will change a propane tank on an Industrial Forklift / Lift Truck, or propane heater (site specific) in a competent manner.
- An evaluation report is completed on each person.
- Upon successful completion of the Theory and Practical evaluations each participant will receive a wallet card indicating they have received training and when the training took place.
How Long Does Propane Safety Training Certification Take?
- Theory segment requires two hours.
- Practical evaluation requires 15 minutes per person.
NOTE: The regulations require the company, the handler and the "Certified Safety Training Provider" keep a Record Of Training (ROT).
Onsite Propane Training Locations
Our staff of professional corporate health and safety trainers offer propane cylinder exchange in Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Toronto, Mississauga, London, Kitchener, St. Catherines & Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Buffalo New York, Jersey, Pennsylvania and Detroit Michigan U.S. As well as a number of other cities throughout the United States and Canada.
Checkout our forklift training you can combine it with the forklift propane cylinder safety training course. Your trainees can learn how to change a propane tank on a propane powered lift truck.
Headquarters - Hamilton, Toronto Area (Ontario, Canada)